Tips for Selling
Preparing your home for sale is important as it plays an integral part in the selling success.
External – First Impressions
- Your front garden is normally the first impression for buyers inspecting your property and many buyers drive by properties for sale and may draw an impression of the property from the external presentation.
- Ensure lawns are mowed.
- Remove any weeds or debris from outside your home.
- Sweep paths and remove leaves.
- Repaint your fence and front facia of property if possible.
- Plant some flowers to create colour if needed.
- Create space by removing excess furniture items or personal belongings.
- Ensure blinds are open and rooms with little light are lit well.
- Repaint any walls that are chipped or marked and steam clean carpets if required.
- Place mirrors on any walls in rooms that appear small.
- Open windows for fresh air.
- Make sure your home is immaculately clean and kept tidy.
- While you might love your animals, many prospective owners may not. Ensure that your pets food bowls are put away and any animal odours removed.
- Take your dog or cat out of the house during the opens where possible.
- It is just as important that a tenanted property is maintained well for sale presentation. Should it be required our property management team will deal tactfully with our tenants to ensure our properties are presented well.
- We have many tradesmen, cleaning companies or steam cleaners that can assist you with tidying up your property for sale. Our sales executives can guide you through the process and will make all recommendations for presentation and arrange the tradesman for you should you wish.